Socialize

RM Candidly Reveals He Felt Like He Wanted to 'Die' Due to Pressure as BTS Leader

RM Candidly Reveals He Felt Like He Wanted to 'Die' Due to Pressure as BTS Leader

RM is getting candid about the pressures of BTS.

The 29-year-old Right Place, Wrong Person artist spoke to fellow member Jimin in a discussion about his second solo album, filmed prior to his military enlistment.

During the conversation, he opened up about how he was feeling as a member of one of the biggest groups in the world.

Keep reading to find out more…

“In our team, I’m the one who says all the right things, the nice things. I step up to represent the team. That’s what I always do. And people expect me to make speeches and do interviews,” he began.

“In English,” Jimin added.

“Right,” RM said. “And to speak out and things like that. But actually…you know me, so you know this, but I’m actually just an unimportant 29-year-old guy living in Korea,” he said.

“I guess I couldn’t say I’m ‘average,’ but I’m just a 29-year-old living a slightly different life from others. The same goes for you. You’re just a 28-year-old guy. But for the past ten years, we felt this burden,” he continued.

“We just had to be conscientious and different. I love BTS because of our music. But if I kept caring about what everyone else thought, If I kept going like this, I just…I felt like I would want to die.”

RM revealed that these feelings were part of the motivation behind creating his new solo album.

“I just really wanted to be as honest as I could. And while I was working on my new album…since this is about ‘right’ and ‘wrong,’ a lot of things happened to me while was working on it.”

“So many things happened that most people wouldn’t ever experience in their lives. And I ended up on an entirely different course,” he continued.

Watch the full conversation, which is also subtitled in English…

Find out who the 10 most followed K-pop idols are, ranked.

May 26, 2024 at 11:38PM

from Just Jared https://ift.tt/GU9rKZ4

Post a Comment

0 Comments